I hope you’ve had a tremendous fall semester and are experiencing God’s presence in a powerful way as you lead on campus! On behalf of our Program Team, it’s my privilege to welcome you to the US Student Leader Track at Urbana 15! We are thrilled that you’ve decided to gather with 500+ staff and student leaders from around the country (and the world!) in the track, and invite you to take a moment and watch this brief Welcome Video. We’re filled with expectancy for how God will move during our time together at the USSLT!
In addition, I wanted to share a few details about the track:
- Because the USSLT is a residential track, you should’ve received a housing email from Dawn Van Hook (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you haven’t yet received or responded to that email, you need to do so ASAP so we can arrange your housing at the Marriott Grand hotel, which just happens to be the nicest and most convenient hotel at Urbana (and where all USSLT participants/events will be housed)!
- We’ve created an online USSLT Folder where we’ll be uploading various pieces of track information, including a schedule, guidebook, and FAQ, so please check it out for more information.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or post them on our USSLT Facebook Group.
Again, thanks so much for joining the USSLT! May God use this track to release a movement that will impact “Every Corner, Every Campus, Every Nation" for his kingdom!
Jon Hietbrink, Urbana 15 USSLT Director
Regional Director, InterVarsity USA
We hope you’re doing well as school wraps up for Christmas break. We also look forward to gathering in just over a week at Urbana15! I’m writing with a few final details for our time together in the U.S. Student Leaders Track!
- General Urbana arrival/housing information is here. Your first step upon arrival in St. Louis is to check in to your hotel room (almost everyone in the USSLT will be housed at the Marriott Grand). Once you’re checked in at the Grand, head across the street to Hall 5 of the America’s Center for conference check-in.
- The USSLT will gather for the first time on Sunday, December 27 at 10:00 p.m. in the Marriott Grand Majestic Ballroom E-H (immediately following the Opening Session of Urbana) where you’ll meet your Small Group.
- If you haven’t already, we recommend that you download the USSLT Track Guidebook which contains a variety of important information about our track. The guidebook is also linked directly from the Urbana App located under Afternoon Program – Tracks.
- As a key InterVarsity student leader, we want to hear from you about what God is doing on campus, the challenges you face, and how InterVarsity might resource you more effectively. Please join us for a “Listening Post” (and free lunch!) on either December 30 or 31 at 12:30 p.m. Space is limited to the first 10 students (each day), so sign up soon to reserve your spot and you’ll receive an email with more details.
- Earlier this week, you should have received a housing confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org; if you did NOT receive this email, please email email@example.com ASAP so we can get you squared away.
Finally, would you pray with me daily for our time together at Urbana? Every day at 10 a.m., I’ve set a reminder on my phone that prompts me to pray, Missionary God, send forth a Kingdom movement to reach every corner of every campus! Please consider joining me in the days leading up to Urbana by setting a similar reminder.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you soon in St. Louis at Urbana15!
Jon Hietbrink and the USSLT Program Team
Read previous US Student Leaders Track emails here.