Minors: Please download the waiver, fill it out and send it to the address or email specified in the pdf.
Minors may only participate in activities with InterVarsity with consent from their parent or guardian. A minor is anyone under the age of 18 (19 in Alabama [18 if married], 21 in Mississippi).
For all others, this is for reference only; by checking the “I agree” box on the electronic registration form, you have already agreed to this waiver.
I will be participating in Urbana 18 (“Event”) conducted by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA (“InterVarsity”). In consideration for being accepted and allowed to participate in the Event and activities associated with its program and location, I freely and voluntarily agree as follows:
1. Safety & Acceptance of Risks: I am qualified to participate. It is solely my responsibility to determine which aspects of the event/activity are in keeping with my level of health, both physically and mentally, and to choose my level of participation accordingly.
I understand that all events/activities involve risk of injury. I personally assume responsibility for my actions. I agree that I am responsible for following all rules communicated to me during the event and will use safety equipment as applicable. I agree that my participation is a privilege, not a right, and InterVarsity reserves the right to dismiss me from the event at my expense with no refund, and/or to refuse to allow my participation in future activities.
I acknowledge that I have a responsibility to act within the limits of my ability, to heed all warnings and instructions regarding participation in the Event, to maintain control of my person, equipment or devices, and to refrain from acting in any manner that may cause or contribute to death or injury to myself or others or damage to property.
To the maximum extent possible, I understand, assume, and accept the risks and hazards, either known to me or not readily foreseeable, involved in participation in the Event. This includes, if applicable, risks inherent to camping in the wilderness such as uneven terrain, proximity to wildlife, or other known or unknown hazards. I will alert an Event supervisor if I become aware of any condition that would be unsafe or hazardous, and will cease participation.
2. Indemnification: I accept the responsibility for any losses, costs, and damages that happen due to my participation in the event/activity. I willingly and voluntarily assume the risk of participating in the event/activity. I will hold harmless, defend, and indemnify InterVarsity, its employees, trustees and agents (those authorized to act on its behalf) for any loss, damage or injury to person or property. However, I do not release InterVarsity from liability for claims to the extent caused by InterVarsity’s negligence, recklessness, or intentional misconduct
3. Photograph, Recording, & Video Release: In addition, I grant InterVarsity permission to take photographic images, video or sound recordings of me, and grant InterVarsity all right, title, and interest to make, use, reproduce, and/or distribute the photographs, film, video, and sound recordings of me connected with the event/activity without rights to royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from its use. I understand that they may be used to promote the ministry of InterVarsity, which includes, but is not limited to being posted on the internet.
4. Medical Release: I understand and agree that InterVarsity does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide medical, health, or disability insurance. I give permission to InterVarsity to obtain medical assistance in the event of an emergency. This permission will include transportation, the administration of medicines, surgical treatment, X-ray examination or hospitalization as might be ordered by a licensed medical doctor. I release and discharge InterVarsity from any and all liability for any first aid rendered, treatment performed, or transportation provided or arranged pursuant to this consent. Further, I agree that, if I am an adult in my state (see box below) and am mentally competent to do so at the time, I will make decisions regarding my health care based on the best information available to me, and will not hold InterVarsity responsible for my decisions. If I am not mentally competent to make these decisions, I authorize InterVarsity to make these decisions on my behalf and I release InterVarsity from any liability for damages that I incur as a result of medical decisions made in good faith on my behalf. I understand that it is my responsibility to evaluate my physical and mental health and determine whether I am sufficiently healthy to participate in the Event.
5. Alternative Dispute Resolution: Any claim or dispute arising from or related to this Agreement shall be settled by mediation and, if necessary, legally binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of a mutually agreed upon alternative dispute resolution service and such proceeding shall take place in Madison, Wisconsin. Judgment upon an arbitration decision may be entered in any court otherwise having jurisdiction. The parties agree that these methods shall be the sole remedy for any controversy or claim arising out of this Agreement and expressly waive their right to file a lawsuit in any civil court against one another for such disputes, except to enforce an arbitration decision.
6. Volunteers: If I am a volunteer, I understand that this Release will be in effect for any and all tasks and activities I undertake as a volunteer for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA for the next year, unless earlier revised or revoked in writing. Such revision or revocation on my part shall not be in force until communicated in writing to InterVarsity’s Legal Counsel.
7. Privacy Notice and Information Release: We want to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy. We will not share, sell, or exchange your information for third party fundraising or marketing purposes, nor will we send you anything on behalf of other organizations. The only exceptions we will make will be: 1) when you have given InterVarsity specific permission to do so, 2) to parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential, 3) when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others' rights, property or safety.
By agreeing to the terms of this waiver, you grant InterVarsity permission to use the information we collect from you to personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings that interest you. This helps us to improve our communication systems or more quickly process your transactions to better serve you. You also grant InterVarsity permission to share your information with other divisions or departments of InterVarsity, including InterVarsity Press.
This release is intended to include all claims made by my family, estate, heirs, or those with an interest in my rights or property (personal representative or assigns).
I attest that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age (19 years old in Alabama (18 if married), 21 in Mississippi).