No event has changed more about how I see the world, and God’s mission in the world, than Urbana. It’s an indispensable opportunity to hear from global leaders, deepen your understanding of the biblical story, and listen for your call.
Andy Crouch, author of Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling
Why Me, Why Now?
God has made you in a particular way and has placed you in particular circumstances where you are and at a particular point in global history. God has prepared good works in advance for you to do and Urbana is designed to help you figure out your place in God’s story.
Urbana 12 offers 150 tracks and seminars and will attract over 250 organizations working in over 150 countries who are passionate about investing in you and mentoring you as you join in God’s global mission. You’ll come away with a global vision for the amazing work God is doing all throughout his world.
Who Goes to Urbana?
A typical Urbana participant:
- 17-29 years old
- hungry to discern God’s direction for their lives
- wants to serve under-resourced communities and people groups
- appreciates Urbana’s unique emphasis on diversity and the global nature of God’s work
- wants to further their understanding of God’s global mission through educational tracks and seminars lead by experts in their fields
What Happens at Urbana?
At Urbana 12, you’ll experience:
- exposure to global issues and realities
- multicultural worship, dance and drama
- dedicated Bible study from globally-focused expositors
- opportunities to connect with more than 250 missions organizations
- specialized tracks and seminary-level training sessions on issues such as leadership, poverty and justice, and international ministry