How will my family react if I go overseas as a missionary? How do I even tell them? Will I be alone or find a spouse? Is this really my calling or might I have other motives? Patrick Fung (Urbana 15 Bible expositor) and Jennie, his wife, also asked these questions as they gave their lives to God and pursued his mission as medical doctors.
In this interview from the Urbana 15 International Students Track:
- Patrick’s and Jennie’s stories about how they met and the role missions played in that
- Family and church backgrounds for both, including Patrick’s experience as an international student in Australia
- What Patrick asked of God late one night and the need Jennie wanted met during her next time on the mission field
- What compelled Jennie to be an OB/GYN doctor
- How Patrick responded when following God and following Jennie seemed to conflict
- What bad timing both Patrick and Jennie had when they shared big news with family and friends
- Opposition, pains, tears, and other challenges Patrick, Jennie, and their daughter faced as missionaries
- How they translated their work into language their parents could understand and proudly share with others
- Tangible ways Patrick and Jennie cared for their families
- The importance of opening one’s hands to God and not holding too tightly to one’s gifts and profession
Heidi Kempt Chew’s questions start at 2 minutes in.