hi sir jack,i'm a believer but times comes that i really forget God..like now, i feel far from him, i havn't attended any 'mass' yet since march..i don't know where to start picking the things i left on my way..some of them are gone..please help me? email me please, if you have time..appreciate it much if you read my question..
Thanks, Denise, for your confidence in writing me.
I’m glad that you are a believer, and it’s never too late to return to God the Father, who loves you and is waiting patiently for you to return to Him. Although you have forgotten Him, He has not forgotten you. He says we are “engraved on the palms of His hands.”
There are some things you can do.
1) I don’t know where you have found spiritual help in the past, but I would encourage you to return there. You have discovered that it is not helpful to your spiritual life to be away from Christian people. Look for someone who can pray for you, encourage you, and teach you about the Lord.
2) Begin reading the Bible every day, even if it’s only for 15 minutes. I would encourage you to find Psalm 23, and memorize it. Read it and repeat it every day for a week. Let those verses sink down deep into your soul.
3) Talk to God even if He seems far away. Even if you don’t feel Him, He is there – “closer than your hands and feet.” Tell Him how you feel. Thank Him for His love for you.
4) Read the Gospel of Mark (the second Gospel in the New Testament). Find out all you can about Jesus. Talk to Him. Ask Him into your life. Share your issues with Him.
5) Ask God to forgive you for wandering away from Him. Confess other sins to Him. Turn away from them. Ask the Lord to both forgive you and give you His Holy Spirit so that you can have the strength to do what you know you should.
This should be a helpful start for you. Let me know how you make out.